Monday, October 22, 2007

Consistency

Last week, I met all my exercise goals! I don't plan any for the weekends, but with cleaning, yard and still unpacking, I keep very active. Plus, I got in a long walk last night. Weight check in: 132 pounds. Maintained weight for two weeks in a row. That doesn't usually happen. I may drop weight, but always go back up.
So, my goals this week are just go maintain the same exercise pattern: 3 days of hoola hoop (MWF) and 2 days of 1-hour walking (TR). I did a longer session of hoola hooping this morning--the first I made an entire 30 minutes. I have also added past physical therapy exercises for my neck and shoulders, since i know longer belong to a gym and cannot swim...
FYI--I use a "sport hoop" (which you can look up on the internet), which is weighted. It is actually easier to keep moving, but takes real muscle to push it around in circles. Using it strengthens my abs, my back and, as a result, improves my posture.
Re: points. Not doing it exactly, just doing portion control, but I continue to keep the protein up, so Kara and Krista, my calorie intake is up. It really made a difference in making me feel like exercising!!! Thanks for the encouragement!!

No comments: