Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Alright, alright, alright

So here I am. With much hesitation but support from my peers. I'm really hoping that the competition we start at work will push me towards some form of motivation. I am going to try but I tell you, this is the worst mindset I have been in when trying to start to lose weight again. Usually I'm very gung ho and ready then am successful right from the start. Not so sure that will be the case this time.
I have searched and searched for some sort of larger reward to work towards with my weekly goals. I firmly believe that if we set aside the $5.00 per goal per week to spend on ourselves, we dig a little deeper. That is the case for me and my reward has to be related to Mark Martin in some way. My trip to meet him took the cake and now I find myself struggling. Tonight I realized that I am scheduled to go to 2 races this Spring, one in April and one in May. I would like for my goal to be the dollar amount I may spend at these events. I'm telling you- I lose all control looking at a semi trailer full of Mark merchandise. We'll see how it works.

Goals:
1) Water: Drink 64 oz. daily
2) Exercise: 4 days
3) Food: Write everything down and track points daily-report on blog daily as well

I know that I am going to struggle in the food department. I have continued to make excuses for my actions and can feel myself starting already. I want to get back to the basics and start writing everything down again. Seeing really is believing!

I'll have my $.50 ready for tomorrow.

Krista

2 comments:

Steph said...

Krista,

All I can say is "You can do it!" We will be right there with you this whole time so don't be discouraged and especially don't give up!! Me and Kara will kick ur butt if you don't try :o) Just kiddin..... I think that if we have a whole group of us working towards the same goal of becoming healthier we will natually motivate ourselves and each other. So don't worry your motivation is there waiting to push you toward your goal! Let us know how we can help....Do you want us to be like a Jillian or Bob.....I say Jillian! :o) But without all of the cursing :o)

Kara said...

Krista:
I'm glad to see you are posting and have some goals. Don't focus on the excuses or the negative. You can do it. Just focus on the goal and the competition!

Your butt is getting in gear. You can do it!