Wednesday, January 23, 2008

When God wants rest

I am exercising about as mildly as a person can and still say they are exercising: 20 minute walks, 30 minutes light aerobics. I did hoola hoop yesterday and it sent me into a deep fatigue...
So, I am going to go to a massage clinic and start treating myself as if I have some of the long term effects from the Epstein Barr--mostly right now, I seem to have the signs of fibromyalgia. I am sure the car wreck sent me into a tail spin, which I have not been able to shake.
I gather this clinic will tell me what kind of exercise i can do that will help me recover instead of reinjure.
So, Iam really pushing the water and pushing back the calories. I have put on a couple of pounds, but it's the inches I have noticed.
I don't want to obsess/worship the body but want to take care of it, so I accept that it needs more care and rest right now.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Mom-
Let yoursef rest - and put on a few pounds if you need to as well. DON'T PUSH BACK CALORIES SO MUCH TO END UP IN STARVATION MODE AGAIN! As long as your are in your healthy BMI range, then you are taking care of your body. I'm sure you could put on 10 pounds and still be in your healthy BMI! Take you advice don't worship your body OR thinness!