Sunday, April 13, 2008

Still running

Last week's runs were 1.5 times around the path at the park. After a short walk (around 40 yards) I ran 1/5 times again. I had power walked to the park and had to walk slow back to the house. Felt great! That is the furthest I have ever run there. Setting a goal for power-walk down, two laps without stopping, power walk back. That will probably take me a month to get there, if I get no interruptions.
But my shins have been hurting me so I took it easy this weekend--only one easy walk.
Eating in control except for the 4 ouces of Haagen-Daz ? I had for lunch today. Boy is that full of fat!!!
Going on a month-long reduction of red meat intake. My HDL cholesterol was way down in November (after supplying Isaac with so much red meat) and a chemical in red meat seems to be the culprit. We are back to fish, chicken, turkey and the occasional pork. See if I can bring that number up to satisfy my doctor. They are never satisfied, but I will make the attempt.
Looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow. I know I am carrying more muscle, but would like to see the scales stay level. (i.e. more muscle less fat--a lot less fat.)

No comments: