Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Gathering Points

Kara says I am not eating enough--imagine that. I know a friend who is all into Curves and they do 6-week stints where they do 2000 calories a day--and she loses weight. I have been keeping my points at 19 and below and never tapping into the 35 extra. It's hard to eat more when I am not used to it. Today I dipped into the week's 35 extra points. I feel VERY full. Kara says I should eat until I am full, not just until I am not hungry. It's an interesting concept. Maybe I will feel more like exercising if I am caloried-up a bit. I have definitely been out in the Houston heat/humidity and sweating up a storm in the garden for long periods. It is easier in the humidity than in the desert heat--not as hot? actually cooling down? Either way, I feel primed to do more intense, yeah, even aerobic exercise.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Hey Gina-

From everything I've been told about WW, we should use at least 20 points a day and make sure we use the exercise points earned each day as well. I was into the Curves diet for a little while and it was the low carb version. I did lose weight but gained it all plus some when I stopped following the diet. It was nice having so many calories though. :)

Kara said...

I think it's great that you are now using a little more points. Feel free to go into those as you need. Even if you do use them for pie and ice cream!!!! I wouldn't use ALL extra points on desserts/sweets though - but when you want and have the extra points - it's good for you to dip into them! YUMMY!

Kara said...

19 points ends up being only about 950 cal (depending on fiber) - not very much! And if you are doing less than that! Arg!!! No starvation diet with WW!