Friday, September 21, 2007

Indian food has been my downfall

Last Sunday I ate Indian food, and not only did it knock my gall bladder for a whallop, but I am convinced it kept me full for the next three days. I think my Indian lunch had at least 1,000 calories. Can you imagine? It tasted good going down.

So then I spent the first part of this week counting points and essentially trying to mitigate the effects of my Indian foray. I weighed yesterday and I think overall I am down about two pounds from when we returned from vacation. I am having a hard time continuing to count points though. But like Krista said, I know weekends are where you really have to be careful. Otherwise you just end up paying for your culinary sins the whole next week. Like I did.

I guess my goal is to keep counting points through the weekend and weigh in again on Monday or Tuesday and see where I am. I hate counting points, but I do like feeling under control. At this moment, I think I only want to lose another two pounds. I just can't keep going forever; I can be happy and healthy at this weight.

Listen to me whining. And compared to Gina and Kara, I am so not suffering. I average probably 28 points a day (not what WW would tell me to do) and exercise a few times a week. And while it's slow, I can lose weight at this level. I cannot imagine whatsoever only eating 19 points a day. I can cruise through that many points by three o'clock. I think if I tried to stay under 20 points, I would have a nervous breakdown. Oh, the hunger.

No comments: